[Dovecot] SSL_PARAMETERS_PERM_PATH

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 14 10:35:25 EEST 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:51 AM, Leo Baltus wrote:

>> Maybe if more people keep complaining about this. I don't like adding
>> settings that are going to be used only by a single person.
>
> We could make a patch which introduces data_dir getting its default
> value
> from PKG_STATEDIR.
>
> Would that be acceptable?

It's not about writing the code. It's about having extra bloat (no
matter how small it is) for the benefit of 1-2 installations in the
world. I'm not currently convinced it's going to be useful for more
installations than that.

In future the statedir might have other files that are actually going
to be per-instance. In that situation a setting would be useful for
more people, but currently I can't even think of what such files could
be so perhaps that's never going to happen.