[Dovecot] E-Mail Encryption

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Jul 15 20:29:38 EEST 2009

Christian Felsing schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Dovecot but installation was quite easy, so there is one
> more LDAP authenticated, Dovecot / Postfix mailbox online, but there is
> one question left:
>
> I would like to set up a configuration, which encrypts every user mail
> with a unique key. If user logs in, private key should be decrypted with
> user password and every mail user requests should be decrypted with
> users private key. If a mail comes in, it should be encrypted with users
> public key. That key pair should be used for that purpose only.
> Obviously a GnuPG plugin between deliver and rest of Dovecot is needed.
>
> best reagrds
> Christian
 i might fail but this is not the job for an imap server
what you need is a gpg gateway mailserver
the only open source i found
is here
http://www.djigzo.com/

comercial
http://www.zertificon.com/

if there are other solutions , i will be happy to hear about it

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria