[Dovecot] Sylpheed-claws and virtual mailboxes

Thomas Berker berker at eml.cc
Thu Jul 16 16:00:20 EEST 2009

Hi!
Has someone encountered the following problem? What am I doing wrong or
does someone know a workaround?

Dovecot 1.2.1 on Debian unstable, two namespaces:

namespace private {
   prefix =
   location = maildir:~/res/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs
   inbox = yes
   list = yes
}

namespace private {
   prefix = gtd/
   separator = /
   list = yes
   location = virtual:~/res/Maildir/gtd:LAYOUT=fs:INBOX=~/res/Maildir/gtd
}

The problem:
cur, tmp, new maildir folders get created within the folder gtd when it
is opened by Sylpheed-claws (3.7.1). Subfolders in gtd holding the
dovecot-virtual files are not recognised as mail folders at all, they
show up but do nothing.

Other clients (I have tested thunderbird, evolution) work as expected:
they show the folder gtd and the sub-folders perform searches.

Thanks in advance,
tb