[Dovecot] dovecot as lda : nothing happens

denis denlistes at altern.org
Sat Jul 18 23:50:35 EEST 2009

Hi,

On debian lenny, I try to configure my setup (with Postfix virtual
domains) to use dovecot as lda.

I adjusted my settings to postfix and dovecot, but nothing happens...

The dovecot.log is always empty and nothing seems to change,  as if it
had no effect.

Here are my changes, if someone sees what would be problematic ...

Thanks
Denis

main.cf
######

virtual_transport = dovecot
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

# conf -> http://pastebin.com/mfdf596e

master.cnf
########

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe

  flags=DRhu user=www-data:www-data argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d
$(recipient)
http://pastebin.com/m41e07df0

## conf -> http://pastebin.com/m41e07df0
## postconf -n ->     http://pastebin.com/m293a05f7

dovecot.conf

 protocol lda {
   postmaster_address = root at xxx
   auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
   mail_plugins = cmusieve
   log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
 }

## conf -> http://pastebin.com/m5c55d5b2