[Dovecot] folder in dovecot

Diego Roversi diegor at tiscali.it
Sun Jul 19 20:00:49 EEST 2009

Hello,

  I'm quite new to dovecot, and I have some questions about folders.

At the moment I've a script that use fetchmail + procmail to get mail from
the isp, and save the mail in different folder. The idea is to save mail
from different mailing list in different folder.

Now I've installed dovecot so i can read mail from different computers, and i
want to export all the folders. I start with a simple configuration:

root at debian:/home/diego# dovecot -n
# 1.1.11: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.30-rc8 armv5tel Ubuntu 9.04
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: maildir:~/Mail/inbox
mail_debug: yes
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: /
  location: maildir:~/Mail/inbox
  inbox: yes
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: /
  prefix: openmoko/
  location: maildir:~/Mail/openmoko
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: passwd-file
    args: /etc/passwd.dovecot
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

I use icedove (thunderbird) to connect to the dovecot server and I see the two folder. But
openmoko one looks empty, even if there are more then 10k messages.

Without namespaces and setting mail_location pointing to the openmoko folder
works, i see the messages of openmoko folder as inbox in icedove.

What's wrong? Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
  Diego Roversi.