[Dovecot] Problem with sieve scripts including sieve scripts

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jul 23 16:52:27 EEST 2009

Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>     I have the following global cmusieve scripts defined in
> /etc/dovecot/sieve, which is owned by the user deliver is run (virtual)
> as defined in the lda session of dovecot.conf:
>
> global-spam.script ======================================
>
> require ["fileinto"];
> # Move spam to spam folder
> if header :contains "X-Spam-Level" "********************" {
>   fileinto "Spam";
>   # Stop here so that we do not reply on spam
>   stop;
> }
> elsif header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "Yes" {
>   fileinto "Spam";
>   stop;
> }

First of all, this script can be made simpler by using the anyof() Sieve
command, avoiding the need to specify the spam delivery verdict multiple
times.

> Jul 22 14:49:02 mail deliver(raub at domain.com):
> msgid=<000d01ca078a$d13122a0$6400a8c0 at chameleonsh>: saved mail to INBOX
>
> Why?
Good question. Are you sure that the tested headers above are truly
present in the message under consideration (check your INBOX)? I know
that MailScanner uses custom headers and the SpamAssassin ones are not
always produced in addition by default. For debugging purposes, could
you put these rules inside the user's personal script (the
.dovecot.sieve) to check whether these work at all?

I must say, I've never used CMUSieve's include support before, so I
couldn't tell you whether there are any known issues with this.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl