[Dovecot] Maildir from offlineimap, INBOX folder created

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 08:18:15 EEST 2009

Hi, I'm using dovecot to serve up a Maildir created/served by
offlineimap. The layout is typical (as far as I know) of maildirs, with
the root folder having cur, tmp, new, and subfolders being a folder
within the root folder. Since I'd previously used Evolution to access
this maildir, my subfolders were actual subfolders (separator /).

Anyway, it all works spiffingly well, except that I can't see my inbox
at all. What happens is that attempting to subscribe to Inbox will
create an INBOX folder in the root folder, which is (of course) empty,
so I see an empty folder.

For completeness, my dovecot -n...

# 1.1.17: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.30-ARCH x86_64  ext3
protocols: imap
listen: localhost
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_location: maildir:/home/data/Profiles/OfflineIMAP/root:LAYOUT=fs
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb: