[Dovecot] Maildir from offlineimap, INBOX folder created

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:10:01 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 01:47 -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2009, at 1:35 AM, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:

> >> Append :INBOX=/home/data/Profiles/OfflineIMAP/root
> >>

> > Hey, thanks, worked perfectly. I just rechecked the wiki, and this is
> > not mentioned at all, should it be added? The only part of
> > MalboxFormat/Maildir dealing with this, under Directory Structure,
> > only
> > mentions that v1.1 supports subfolders with :LAYOUT=fs.
>
> Well, this wasn't really intentional.. LAYOUT=fs hasn't really been
> used much. I'm beginning to think maybe I should change this to be the
> default with it too.

I guess offlineimap->dovecot (serving IMAP)->mail client IS a bit of a
corner case. Thing is, unless I'm mistaken (which wouldn't surprise me)
the Maildir++ specification doesn't allow/suggest a separate INBOX
folder? In that case, then yes that default would make sense.

Thank you for your time, assistance, and this wonderful piece of
software.