[Dovecot] Maildir from offlineimap, INBOX folder created

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:49:08 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 02:45 -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> You seem to be a bit too much obsessed over Maildir++ :) Maildir++ is
> just Courier IMAP's way of storing Maildir folders, which was adopted
> by a few other programs. Other programs use more human-understandable
> way (LAYOUT=fs). Nothing would prevent creating yet another different
> way of storing them. In all cases once the Maildir directory is found,
> the Maildir handling works exactly the same.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up =). I was just interested because
maildir is such a 'new' thing to me compared with the mboxes of this
world, and its made my life much easier since I started using it
(especially the rsync backups). I think this thread is pretty much done,
and your explanations could prove useful for the archives.