[Dovecot] Funky quota things

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:55:52 EEST 2009

Hi guys,

I already use Dovecot for imap/pop3 with some simple quota options.
I'm starting to look at the switch from maildrop to dovecot lda and
I'm wondering whether it's possible to do our unusual quota management
with the quota plugin.

We have the users total quota in MySQL along with a number of grace
days (counts up to 7). The amount of space used is stored in
maildirsize in the users maildir.
What we currently some bits of voodoo which allow the user to go up to
200% of their quota. When they go over 100% they start receiving
warnings and their grace days start counting down. If the account is
still using over 100% of quota after the 7 days then the 100% quota is
enforced so no new mail will be accepted.
So is something like this "burst" quota possible in the Dovecot plugin?

Thanks
Guy

--
Don't just do something...sit there!