[Dovecot] Two different issues with dovecot 1.1.13

Stuart Rowan strr-debian at decisionsoft.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 21:17:23 EEST 2009

Hi Timo,

I'm using Debian backports.org dovecot-imapd, 1:1.1.13-2~bpo50+1. I've got
two different issues, a reoccurring, seemingly harmless one about
"Corrupted index cache file" (boring.txt)
  and one that went bonkers over the least few days (bt.txt) causing much
spamming of the logs.

I've made bt.txt stop happening by just rm'ing dovecot.index* :
find Maildir/ -type f -name 'dovecot.index*' -print0 | xargs -0r rm
  ... which I realise may not be the most helpful thing to have done from
your point of view.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know about both of these. If one or both
are already known about or already fixed by a later version of Dovecot,
great and sorry for the noise! If not, and you want any more information
etc., let me know.

Many thanks,
Stu.