[Dovecot] Unable to (un)subscribe mbox with AIX, NFS and netapp filer

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Wed Jul 29 12:04:36 EEST 2009

Hi Timo,

today I found this in the logs again:

Jul 29 10:38:27 trevi mail:err|error dovecot: IMAP(beckerr):
 fchown(/u/f0/rzuser/beckerr/Mail/.subscriptions.lock, -1, -1)
 failed: Invalid argument

Jul 29 10:38:27 trevi mail:err|error dovecot: IMAP(beckerr):
 file_dotlock_open() failed with subscription file
 /u/f0/rzuser/beckerr/Mail/.subscriptions: Invalid argument

I located the bug in src/lib/file-dotlock.c ... a patch is attached.

Ralf

Timo Sirainen schrieb am 07.07.2009 18:40:
> On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 17:58 +0200, Axel Luttgens wrote:
>>> Is my understanding of these sentences correct?
>>> "If owner and group are -1, nothing is done?"
>>>
>>> In this case it should be save to skip the call, shouldn't it?
>> Yes, I guess so.
>
> Yes. Committed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/d6337be8ae30
>
>> Unless the rationale for that call is to ensure a correct cache
>> flushing for NFS clients, while being some kind of (costly) no-op
>> otherwise?
>
> In that case I would have used those nfs_flush_*() functions.

 Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
 (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
 Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

   Mail: beckerr at fh-trier.de                    Fon: +49 651 8103 499
    Web: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr        Fax: +49 651 8103 214
 PubKey: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr     Crypto: GnuPG, S/MIME

 Wenn Gott gewollt haette, dass E-Mail in HTML geschrieben wuerden,
 endeten Gebete traditionell mit </amen>. (Tom Listen)