[Dovecot] dovecot-1.2.2+sieve 0.1.9: sieve issues with (global?) includes

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jul 29 13:17:45 EEST 2009

Tom Hendrikx schreef:
> Applied and tested. sieved and sieve-test now complain with an error
> message, but everything seems to function when run from within dovecot.
>
> Error: sieve: include: sieve_dir and home not set (wanted script spam.sieve)
> Error: failed to load binary: .default.svbin
>
> I'll wait for your new release, but of course I'm willing to test
> another patch beforehand :)

Oh yes, I should have mentioned that. The sieve tools don't retrieve
settings from the dovecot config file, nor are they (yet) aware of the
config settings extensions may rely on. So, the SIEVE_DIR and
SIEVE_GLOBAL_DIR environments are not set. Setting these beforehand will
fix the problem.

BTW, before I fixed your bug I had the same error for the above reason.
But, as you may have noticed, that error is wrong, since you are using
:global. I've committed a fix for that already:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-sieve/rev/449d8ecb0f34

Executing something like this should work:

export SIEVE_GLOBAL_DIR=/var/lib/dovecot/sieve
sieved ~/.dovecot.svbin

I will add the means to specify configuration items at the command line
in the near future.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch