[Dovecot] problems compiling dovecot-1.2.2 on solaris 10

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 29 23:15:30 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 09:33 -0400, Jason Welsh wrote:
> if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \
>   make  "$target-am" || exit 1; \
> fi; test -z "$fail"
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /scratch/jawelsh/src/dovecot-1.2.2/src
> *** Error code 1
> The following command caused the error:
> failcom='exit 1'; \
..

Umm. Is this from the actual 1.2.2 tarball? Did you run any autotools
stuff before running configure and make?

That error you have doesn't look like anything I've seen before, so I've
no idea what the problem is in your system. There are two other problems
in Solaris though, but neither produces the error you see.

I guess you could anyway try running
http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz which fixes those two
Solaris issues..