[Dovecot] Filtering with Public Namespaces and Sieve Plugin

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jul 30 12:54:25 EEST 2009

Thomas Leuxner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after upgrading to Dovecot 1.2x including the rewritten Sieve plugin replacing 'cmusieve', messages which have formerly been filed to a "Public/Mailing-List" maildir are no longer filtered correctly. The sieve script itself is included in the user's personal-script. The messages are dropped to the INBOX rather than the "Public Namespace Maildir". Log's don't give a hint (at least to me). The documentation says the personal script should automatically fetch the include, and compile it in the users home...

I am pretty confident that this is caused by the include bug we found a
few days back:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-July/041608.html

That is fixed:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-sieve/rev/d989537882d0

To confirm, you could first try to incorporate the mailing-list rules
from the global script into the user's personal script to check whether
filing into the public namespace works without the include.

Then, you could apply the above patch to check whether it solves your
problem. I've tested your setup with the latest Mercurial version and I
could not find any problems.

Regards,

Stephan