[Dovecot] Clients and dovecot-uidlist

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 30 20:33:27 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 19:24 +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:
> I'm asking this because I'm investigating if CONTROL may be on a local
> filesystem (for performance reason) instead of an NFS filesystem :

I think it's a bad idea. Besides the UID problems causing all kinds of
trouble with clients (some clients ignore UIDVALIDITY completely (Apple
Mail, at least used to) and the result is that opening a message from
list opens a completely different mail) control files also contain
dovecot-keywords which provides the maildir filename letter <-> keyword
mapping.