[Dovecot] Several errors

A. van Harten FraNL at mailme.dk
Fri Jul 31 11:36:28 EEST 2009

[QUOTE] Charles Marcus[/QUOTE]

> Who says you have to install it?

Almost all the fora which are speaking of setting up a mail server tell me
to install Dovecot

> And who is it that you think owes you 'descent support' for free?

When and where did I spoke about FREE? I never said I didn't want to pay
for it!!! Please don't think for me...

> That said, the support on  the dovecot list is the best I've seen, even
> when people get attitudes (like yours)...

Attitudes? Since when is a normal business inquiry not appropriate?

> If you want to learn linux, and learn how to admin a mail server, you're
> expected to do some leg work yourself... no one expects you to be a
> guru, but a little googling on how to change ownership of files in linux
> would most likely answer this particular question.

Sorry, but the answers on this mail group are written with as few words as
possible - if it was written in Finnish, I'd understand just as much as I
do now.
Googling on a Dovecot problems results always in www.dovecot.org or one of
its child sites. Always.
Googling on a Linux question results always in experts-exchange. Always.

> Also, the attititude will most likely get surprising little response. If
> you want to get help from someone for free, it helps to ask nicely.

I don't agree. I know the way of asking isn't the most nice way - and I
also apologise to them, who assisted me! But who cares if I agree with
someone, who didn't assist me at all, but who only is capable of writing
negatively about me?

> Thats said, I wouldn't be surprised if Timo responds nicely anyway...
> I've seen him respond to much worse emails than yours, and yours was
> pretty bad...

Pretty bad? You misunderstood me, my friend. Try to read reasonable next
time. That helps!

--
Med venlig hilsen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,