[Dovecot] Solaris 10 dovecot-latest configure error

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Fri Jul 31 15:07:50 EEST 2009

On 07/31/2009 09:56 AM Tomi Vainio wrote:
> I got a second thought about this.  Maybe this time I just should set
> all extra include definitions through CPPFLAGS or mysql can be set
> --with-mysql and of cource move linking flags to LDFLAGS?
>
>   Tomppa
>
> Tomi Vainio wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got latest source code from
>> http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-20090731.tar.gz
>>
>> It's a minor bug that mysql.h test fails because CFLAGS are missing from
>> this test.
>>
>>   Tomppa
>>
>>> checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... yes
>>> checking mysql.h usability... yes
>>> checking mysql.h presence... no
>>> configure: WARNING: mysql.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
>>> configure: WARNING: mysql.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
>>> checking for mysql.h... yes
>>> checking for mysql_ssl_set in -lmysqlclient... yes
>>
>>> configure:33185: checking mysql.h usability
>>> configure:33197: cc -c -xO4 -I/usr/sfw/include/mysql -R/usr/sfw/lib:/usr/lib/sasl -L/usr/sfw/lib -L/usr/lib/sasl -I/usr/sfw/include    conftest.c >&5
>>> configure:33203: $? = 0
>>> configure:33207: test -z
>>>                          || test ! -s conftest.err
>>> configure:33210: $? = 0
>>> configure:33213: test -s conftest.o
>>> configure:33216: $? = 0
>>> configure:33226: result: yes
>>> configure:33230: checking mysql.h presence
>>> configure:33240: cc -E  conftest.c
>>> "conftest.c", line 127: cannot find include file: <mysql.h>
>>> cc: acomp failed for conftest.c

What were your configure options?
If you want to enable mysql support you have to give the option
--with-mysql. If your myslq libraries are located in nonstandard
directory you can set LDFLAGS.

When I run './configure' w/o any option, no sql support will be configured:
    SQL drivers .... :
                     : -pgsql -mysql -sqlite

Regards,
Pascal