[Dovecot] Can expire-tool skip folders with "expire time in future" errors?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 1 03:18:15 EEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 13:03 +0200, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> I have folders containing messages which have been moved there -- either
> by the sieve plugin or manually in Thunderbird -- days or even weeks ago.
> The messages are not removed even with an expire time of "somefolder 1".

Were the messages moved there before expire plugin was loaded? Those
aren't tracked. Also if you change the expire time, it won't change
immediately because the old value was already used to set the "next
expire stamp" in the database.

> What can I do to find out why some folders don't seem to be processed by
> the expire plugin? Is there any debugging/logging data I can look into?

I think it works, but you'll just have to wait for a few weeks to get
the database up to date..