[Dovecot] Can expire-tool skip folders with "expire time in future" errors?

Mon Jun 1 20:09:12 EEST 2009

On 6/1/2009 12:40 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> Were the messages moved there before expire plugin was loaded? Those
>>> aren't tracked.

>> Is there a simple way to fix this? Ie, maybe a script that could be run
>> the first time a folder is added to the list, to add all of the current
>> messages as of that date?

> Does it really matter if it just takes a couple of weeks to start
> working? Seems like too much extra work for little gain. :)

I'm thinking about when expire is enabled on a folder that already has
lots of mail in it...

But I guess this could just be scripted by the local admin when
needed... but what would be the proper way to do this? Would a simple
'touch' do it without breaking anything?

--

Best regards,

Charles