[Dovecot] 1.2.beta1: expire-tool and 'mail_location' setting

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Tue Jun 2 22:29:58 EEST 2009

>>> It looks like the mail_plugins setting outside protocol has no effect.
>> ..
>>> These are the settings from the protocol imap section.
>> Oh, right. That's because of how it's implemented in v1.2. Kind of ugly,
>> but I don't know if I'll bother fixing it until it becomes a real
>> problem for someone. :) v2.0 implements this properly.
>
> Sure, the current implementation works for me. Thanks again Timo!

Spoke too soon ;-)

Adding imap_quota plugin to the mail_plugins for protocol imap breaks it:

$ sudo /usr/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail ext /opt/bin/expire-tool.sh --test
Info: Loading modules from directory: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
Info: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so
Error: dlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so) failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: capability_string
Fatal: Couldn't load required plugins