[Dovecot] User with multiple domains

Peter Sparkes peter at didm.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 12:16:34 EEST 2009

Uldis Pakuls wrote:
> Peter Sparkes wrote:
>> Jun  3 06:47:02 silkliving dovecot: POP3(sales at aandt.co.uk):
>> file_dotlock_open() failed with file
>> /home/aandt.co.uk/sales/Maildir/dovecot.index.log: Permission denied
>> Jun  3 06:47:02 silkliving dovecot: POP3(sales at aandt.co.uk): Couldn't
>> open INBOX: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more
>> information. [2009-06-03 06:47:02]
>>
>> and the Maildir does not contain the following files which are in the
>> user Maildir which are working correctly (these users only have email
>> accounts in one domain):
>> dovecot-uidlist, dovecot.index, dovecot.index.cache and
>> dovecot.index.log
>>
>> Peter
>>
> ": Permission denied" - that is reason why mailbox is unaccessible. Of
> course maildir files cant be created if permission is denied. Check
> premissions of "/home/aandt.co.uk/sales/Maildir/"
>
> Uldis

As far as I can see the Permission are correct, all the other username
domain combinations are working correctly . However to enable my client
to get all his emails, I have  (in  Exim) sent the sales emails to
another user. I will reproduce  the same conditions on a couple of
domains I use for testing and report back

Thanks all for help

Peter