[Dovecot] Multiple mail locations for a single user

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Mon Jun 8 00:01:15 EEST 2009

Hi,

I use offlineimap to cache my remote IMAP mail for my multiple accounts
(personal, work, etc) to several maildirs locally.  At the moment in my
mail client I'm using Dovecot to access one of the maildirs via IMAP,
and then direct maildir access for the others.  This is suboptimal
however because my clients direct maildir support isn't great.

Is there any way to let me access all three maildirs through dovecot?
I'm guessing that I can do this with namespaces but I'm not sure.  Any
suggestions and pointers?

Cheers,
Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com