[Dovecot] IMP reading entire mailbox

Chris O'Regan chris at encs.concordia.ca
Wed Jun 10 14:38:22 EEST 2009

> >> DUH! Please ignore the Corrupted index cache file; the "mailbox" in
> >> question is a file named delivery.log (i.e. procmail log file) that is
> >> in the user's ~/mail directory. Of course there will be problems
> >> trying
> >> to index this file, it is not an mbox! *sigh*
> >
> > Hmm. It still seems like there's something Dovecot should do better here.
> > I'll see what I can do about it with my procmail log file :)
>
> How about a configuration option that's a regex or glob of files to ignore
> in the mail directories?

I second the motion! :-) We have a number users with procmail recipes
that put deliver.log in ~/mail. This was not a problem with uw-imap
since most of our users would subscribe to their folders, and so they
would never see it. Now that Dovecot roots itself in ~/mail we are
recommending to our users not to bother with subscribing but instead
show all folders, so it is appearing in their folder list by default. A
few people have already complained, which means that there are a zillion
others who are just muttering to themselves. :-/

Chris