[Dovecot] Dovecot fails to deliver in mail clients

Zwelabantu Ngwenya zwebantu at webmail.co.za
Thu Jun 11 14:14:50 EEST 2009

Morning

I am new to linux and have configured a Postfix + Dovecot Mail server on my
SUSE Linux Server 10 SP2 Machine. Postfix works fine I assume as mail gets
delivered to user's mailbox or directories. But when I configure a mail
client to download mail from the server it finds no mail. When I check the
user's mailbox using Webmin mail is delivered.

I have also tried to telnet to the server when I do I am able to log in with
user's credentials but when I type the list or stat command telnet says
there is no mail 0.0Kb. I have tried everything, mail gets delivered to
inboxes but telnet and mail clients don't get mail.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong

Zwelabantu Ngwenya