[Dovecot] Dovecot Top?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 11 18:49:10 EEST 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Andrew Hearn wrote:

> We occasional see high load peaks on our mail servers - these
> generally
> don't only last a few minutes. 'Top' show imap taking the lots of CPU
> resources, is there a dovecot 'top' like program to show dovecot which
> users are taking system resources?

That is something I've wished to implement for a long time, but I
never really have time. But v1.2 keeps track of various things and it
would be possible to create some kind of a dovecot-top based on those.
Currently there's a stats plugin that can log some of those things: http://dovecot.org/patches/1.2/stats-plugin.c

Although that plugin doesn't currently log what I added most recently:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg18477.html