[Dovecot] dovecot-antispam and permissions

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Sun Jun 14 16:56:33 EEST 2009

hi list,

I'm having trouble with a new setup. My server is running postfix
(2.5.5), dovecot (1.1.7), dspam (3.8.0). These all seems to work with
eachother. When I add dovecot-antispam in the mix, the following problem
occurs:

New mail arrives, postfix hands the mail to dspam using a
content_filter, and dspam clasifies the mail, running as the dspam user.
Dspam writes its data away in a sqlite database. Mail then gets
reinjected into postfix and delivered to the system user by deliver.

When I manually classify a mail using dovecot-antispam, dovecot runs
dspam classification as the system user. This gives the error "failed to
call dspam" in my client, and the message "dspam[20203]: query error:
attempt to write a readonly database: see sql.errors for more details".

Since the mentioned sql.errors is owned by the system user and not by
the "dspam" user, it seems that the re-classification proces is run as
that user, so he has no write access to the sqlite db, which is owned by
dspam:dspam. I could fix this by manually changing group ownership to
the database, but maybe there is a more generic way to solve this?

--
Regards,
	Tom