[Dovecot] LAYOUT=fs vs LAYOUT=maildir++ and quota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 16 04:13:56 EEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 14:55 -0300, Ezequiel Alfíe wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm confused about LAYOUT=fs...
>
> Does using LAYOUT=fs breaks maildir++ quota, if I use this quota scheme?

I think LAYOUT=fs works with Maildir++ quota as long as you're using
only Dovecot. I haven't tested it though. And if you're using anything
else than Dovecot to access it, it will break.

> What are the advantages anyway of using LAYOUT=fs vs LAYOUT=maildir++ ?

It was mainly created because some people just didn't want to use
Maildir++.

> (it's not important in my case if users can't create folders with dots '.')

You can have dots even with Maildir++:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Listescape