[Dovecot] Quota_rules ignored

A. Gideonse agideonse at planet.nl
Thu Jun 18 10:41:24 EEST 2009

The old dovecot was installed using apt-get, so I tried installing the
new version by downloading, compiling and installing (configure, make,
make install), because I couldn't upgrade the package using apt-get.
After reboot it now shows 1.1.16 for 'dovecot --version'. I can attempt
to remove dovecot with apt-get and reinstall the compiled version again?