[Dovecot] imap signal 6 crash with backtrace (1.2rc5)

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Sat Jun 20 23:02:57 EEST 2009

* Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> On Jun 20, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>
>> Jun 20 15:00:13 postamt dovecot: IMAP(virus-al):
>> /home/v/i/virus-al/Maildir/dovecot-uidlist: next_uid was lowered (70 ->
>> 2)
>
> Any idea why this happened? next_uid really shouldn't get lowered. Did
> something e.g. restore an older dovecot-uidlist to the Maildir?

virus-al is a mailbox that holds quarantined spam. I'm the only person
accessing it AND when this happened, I was (as usual) the only person
looking at the mailbox. I logged in using mutt from localhost via IMAP.

I checked: there are no scripts that (for example) delete files from
the maildir

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155