[Dovecot] procmail/dovecot error

Andrzej Adam Filip andrzej.filip at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 09:31:29 EEST 2009

Claude Gélinas <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:

> My procmail log keep filling with the following error
>
> procmail: Program failure (75) of "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
> Can't open log file /var/log/dovecot.log: Permission denied
>
> ls -l /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
> -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 964760 avr 20 03:55 /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
>
> ls -l /var/log/dovecot.log
> -rw-------. 1 root root 34689 jun 20 15:26 /var/log/dovecot.log
>
> what do I need to check or change

Do you talk about "your OS account" procmail delivering to
"your OS account" mailbox/maildir?

YES => consider using "personal" dovecot.conf file (e.g. ~/.dovecotrc)
       with changed log files location and make deliver in your procmail
       scripts use it

../deliver -c /home/anfi/.dovecotrc

P.S. I use such approach with full success.

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
Reality -- what a concept!
  -- Robin Williams