[Dovecot] courier-imap 2 Dovecot Migration

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Jun 24 10:07:05 EEST 2009

Odhiambo ワシントン wrote:
> I have a question about migration from courier-imap.
>
> I have a server running courier-imap which I'd like to change to dovecot.
> The problem at hand is that there are POP3 users as well as IMAP4 users.Some
> of the POP3 users have the option to "leave a copy of the message on the
> server" set in their MuAs.
>
> Is it possible to migrate from courier-imap --> Dovecot and not have these
> people re fetching all their old e-mails all over again?

I thought this one was fairly well covered in the Migration docs in the
wiki... IIRC it has to do with uid format.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier

Aside from the warning at the top about bad migration causing re-downloads,
there 'Dovecot configuration' section, and the one on "Old Courier POP3
versions to Dovecot v1.0", cover settings for pop3_uidl_format.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net