[Dovecot] bzip2 compression bug

fernando at dfcom.com.br fernando at dfcom.com.br
Thu Jun 25 05:08:43 EEST 2009

Hi,

I compressed many files using bzip2, but in some cases it crashes. I
believe that it is related to dovecot indexes.

How to reproduce:

Inside a Maildir folder without any indexes yet, compress a message with
bzip2 and tryes to access it.

At my server is showed the error:

Jun 24 00:18:20 maildev dovecot: IMAP(xxx at xxx): FETCH for mailbox Trash
UID 1 failed to read message input: No such file or directory
Jun 24 00:18:20 maildev dovecot: IMAP(xxx at xxx): Disconnected: BUG: Unknown
internal error bytes=329/1050

When I did the same with gzip compression it works as expected (opening
the message and creating dovecot indexes).

(version, 1.1.16)

Best Regards,
Fernando