[Dovecot] configure dovecot to invoke pam_setcred() from the same process that accesses ~/Maildir?

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Mon Jun 29 23:32:19 EEST 2009

Hello.  I'm wondering how one would go about configuring dovecot to
invoke pam_setcred() from the same process as (or a parent process of)
the process which eventually reads the user's mail off the disk.  This
is required for pam modules that set kernel-level credentials which
are later used to access the user's mail files.

In particular, I'm trying to use dovecot with pam_krb5 (which
associates a ticket cache to a specific pid) and pam_afs_session
(which associates tokens to a specific process authentication group --
roughly equivalent to a process and all its descendents).

Thanks,

  - a