[Dovecot] SSL / TLS

Carlos Williams carloswill at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:32:00 EEST 2009

Thanks everyone who contributed to this message. I am going to use TLS
on my Postfix / Dovecot server and just hope for the best. Now if I
use TLS, is this configured in my Postfix config files or Dovecot
config files?
When TLS occurs and my SSL certificate is used, I am assuming that I
need to add the SSL certificate somewhere in my /etc/dovecot.conf,
correct?

Secondly, as it stands right now. When someone tries to use encryption
- Dovecot uses a generic certificate and I don't know why...

I checked my Dovecot config file and I really don't understand where
and why users who are trying to read the certificate for my server are
seeing the following? Can anyone look at the attachment and tell me
where it's reading this from?

I checked my dovecot.conf and don't see anything that leads to a
generic self signed SSL certificate:

[root at mail ~]# dovecot -n
# 1.0.7: /etc/dovecot.conf
protocols: imap imaps
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam