[Dovecot] No folders listed in felamimail

Jonathan Knight j.knight at kis.keele.ac.uk
Tue Jun 30 18:23:10 EEST 2009

Egroupware 1.4.004

I thought I try and solve a long standing bug we've had with felamimail
not listing folders from our dovecot server.

Watching dovecot's packet dumps I'm seeing dovecot do a namespace call
and the a list call.

Felamimail does a namespace and gets back
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL

which is how I've configured dovecot to keep the client configuration
very simple.
Now Felamimail does a
LIST "" ""

which gets no folders returned and is obviously why it won't show
anything in the felamimail display.  I was expecting felamimail to do
something more like:
LIST "" "%"
or
LIST "" "*"

Is there something I need to configure to make felamimail happy with our
dovecot configuration?

We use dovecot with outlook express, thunderbird (1,2,3), Mozilla,
squirrelmail, iPod, iPhone and symbian with no issues so I'm tending
towards felamimail being the source of the problem.

Jon.