[Dovecot] dovecot imap and thunderbird tags

Lorenzo Bettini bettini at dsi.unifi.it
Mon Mar 2 12:59:55 EET 2009

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 3/1/2009 2:08 PM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>> We've been using an imap(s) dovecot server for a while on an ubuntu
>> 8.04.2 and we noted that tags set by thunderbird ("important", "to do",
>> etc.) are almost always lost, i.e., when connecting to the same imap
>> account from another machine, the tags are not there anymore... this
>> always happens for the Inbox, and seldomly for other imap folders...
>> anyone else experiencing this?
>
> Sorry, my crystal ball is currently down for repairs...

:-D

> So, will need for you to provide some actual details that might give a
> hint as to the problem. I think I recall some problems like these with
> certain versions of dovecot...

OK, first of all, I think the version will help:

dovecot --version
1.0.10

what other information can I provide?

thanks in advance
	Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net