[Dovecot] problems with dotlock

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 3 08:56:45 EET 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 01:25:43PM -0800, Mark Hedges wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > Ah, this explains everything. Fixed both your problem and
> > the segfault: f831d12187d1
>
> Yes, this patch fixed the problem when applied to pristine
> 1.1.11 source.
>
> Will there be an update of the RPM at
> http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/dovecot/?

dovecot has a healthy release cycle, so any patches are picked
directly through upgrading to the next dovecot release.

> It's hard enough for automating deployment of new servers that I
> have to use a downloaded RPM instead of using yum, since I doubt
> CentOS's two-year-old version of 1.0.7 will ever be updated.
> Compiling from source is a pain but I'll use it for now.

Actually the packages at ATrpms are in a yum repo, and even if you
don't want to point yum to it for any reason (maybe you don't trust
the rest of the content), you can create your own local repo and place
the downloaded rpm there. This will automate the deployment of new
servers again, you will only need to touch the setup for rpm upgrades.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net