[Dovecot] Dovecot and Pipermail integration

Ricardo Ramirez rram at the-tech.mit.edu
Fri Mar 6 02:43:27 EET 2009

Hello,

I have a standard Mailman/Pipermail install with mboxes at

MM_HOME/archives/public/listname.mbox/listname.box

What's the best way to export these via IMAP using Dovecot 1.0rc15 on
Debian etch?

I know I could make a namespace with MM_HOME/archives/public/ but that
would result in half of the directories being exported (the ones
containing the HTML archives) being unusable. I could also create
another directory and symlink all the mboxes in there but that seems
wrong. Preferably, I'd like to have something like a namespace with a
mail location of MM_HOME/archives/public/*.mbox/ but that doesn't work
with v1.0

Ricardo