[Dovecot] Compilation of dovecot-1.2-sieve-0.1.3 under Solaris 10 for Sparc

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Mar 11 22:41:27 EET 2009

Andrés Yacopino wrote:
> I have put your two files but i got the same error:
>
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- start-group
>
> I search in directories and i found this option in:
>
> src/sieve-tools:
>
> Makefile:sievec_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
> Makefile:sieved_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
> Makefile:sieve_test_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
> Makefile.in:sievec_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
> Makefile.in:sieved_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
> Makefile.in:sieve_test_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
>
> src/testsuite:
>
> Makefile:testsuite_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
> Makefile.in:testsuite_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -Wl,--start-group
>
> I am doing something wrong?
>
> I compile with:
>
> make clean
>
> ./configure --with-dovecot=/export/software/dovecot1.2/dovecot-1.2
>
> make
Sorry, I should have told you. If changes are made to the .am files, one
needs to rerun automake/autoconf. You do that by running `autoreconf
-i`. If you downloaded Dovecot from the Mercurial repository you can use
`./autogen.sh`. You need to have autotools and libtool installed on you
system.

Considering you have managed to get things to work using manual
modifications to the .in files, I'll make a new release when I get back
from Galveston TX at the end of this week.

Regards,

Stephan.