[Dovecot] Using LDAP for Dovecot extra/regular fields

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 13 22:34:44 EET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 13:05 -0700, Jack Stewart wrote:
> With a multivalue attribute, the last value is returned.

Currently, but I don't think you should rely on this. Also in situations
where multiple values make sense Dovecot might do something special in
future.

> If the host attribute exists in LDAP, then it is flagged as true even if
> the attribute is boolean and set to FALSE. This is not a big deal and
> makes sense when you have sql support with a NULL.

Currently yes. After the config rewrite perhaps this will change.

> >   There is no automatic failover with the host field so if the remote
> > host is down, the IMAP connection no longer works.

I'll do something about this in future. Perhaps it should allow a list
of IP addresses.