[Dovecot] GSSAPI cross-realm fixed

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 13 23:47:23 EET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 13:56 -0500, Bryan Jacobs wrote:

> Changes it makes:
> 1.  When using krb5_kuserok, do not call gss_compare_name to check that
> authn_name and authz_name are the same.  Instead, make TWO calls to
> krb5_kuserok, one for each ID.  If both IDs are acceptable, allow the
> login.

Sounds good.

> 2.  Disable checking that the name is a GSS_KRB5_PRINCIPAL_NAME, as
> this doesn't appear to be always the case for the authz_name.

Is there any downside to this check? Can something bad happen if it's
not a principal name? I left the check there now for authn_name.

Committed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/ff6378d7b209

And then I noticed that the last equal_authn_authz check most likely
shouldn't have been changed, so reversed it:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/601e0382b442