[Dovecot] Enabling even more debug info for SSL/TLS handling during handshaking?

Johan Persson johanp at aditus.nu
Thu Mar 19 09:28:34 EET 2009

Hi,

>t's not easily reproducible?

Yes, this is 100% reproducible if you use the "Accept certificate permanently"
when the client receives the warning that the certificate on the server is not
trusted.

The strange thing is that if you instead use "Accept certificate only this
time" then it works

>> Since we have no access to the certificate (SSL/TLS) handling code we are a
>> bit at loss here and have to "proof" to "the other" guys in Finland thatc
it's
>> there fault :-)

>You mean a bug in S60 libraries?
Yep. Since it seems that the server receives some erronous messages

>verbose_ssl=yes makes Dovecot log all errors/warnings that OpenSSL can
Yes, this is already enabled

>http://crypto.stanford.edu/~eujin/sslsniffer/index.html
Will have a look at this.

Thanks!