[Dovecot] Single Instance Storage still on the roadmap?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 20 21:24:53 EET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 15:13 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> I was curious where Single Instance Storage fits in on the roadmap, now
> that you are maybe settled in in your new digs...

What's your use case? People mailing 10 MB pdfs to everyone at company.com,
or just reducing disk usage because random people receive the same
attachment at different times?

> Is it still coming soon? Has it been pushed back by your new employers
> priorities?

Multi-msgs-per-file dbox is getting close to ready. Adding single
instance storage to it probably wouldn't be a huge job, but I don't
think it's a very high priority.