[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2 beta1 in Solaris 10 for sparc, error reading maildir format?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Mar 25 19:57:37 EET 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Timo, well i have change this (to erase optimization flags):
>>
>> CFLAGS='-xtarget=ultra3 -xarch=v8plusa -fast'
>> to this:
>> CFLAGS='-xtarget=ultra3 -xarch=v8plusa -pipe'
>>
>> Then recompile everything (dovecot 1.2beta2 with dovecot-1.2.beta1-
>> managesieve-0.11.3.diff.gz patch, dovecot-1.2-sieve-0.1.3 and
>> dovecot-1.2-managesieve-0.11.3.(same versions as before)
>>
>> Now it is working right, can it be something is this optimization
>> flag (-fast) that it is breaking something.
>
> It wouldn't be the first time when Sun CC's optimizer bug has
> broken Dovecot. I guess it might even be the same bug.

   "-fast" is a macro option that expands to several optimization
flags, and the flags to which it expands are dependent upon the
version of the compiler.  When something like this happens, it is
useful to obtain the expansion of -fast from the compiler
documentation and try the options individually, and determine which
one is breaking the compiled code.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire