[Dovecot] Account lockout option?

dovecot at corwyn.net dovecot at corwyn.net
Wed Mar 25 22:57:14 EET 2009

At 05:18 PM 3/19/2009, Ed W wrote:
>WJCarpenter wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any option available for me to help inhibit/prevent
>>>brute-force login attempts?
>>
>>I (and many others) use fail2ban.  It works outside of dovecot, et
>>al, by tailing your log files.  When it finds a configurable

Took me a while to get this working, as I hadn't noticed the RPM that
ships with CentOS5.2 is quite old, and the current instructions match
just enough to be confusing.

That being said, it's now up and running and blocking ssh, dovecot,
postfix, and squirrelmail traffic. I created separate filters for
dovecot, postfix, and squirrelmail, and then added those sections to
fail2ban.conf, and I'm off and running.

thanks for the pointer!

Rick