[Dovecot] Slightly OT : Maildir format (silly) questions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 27 00:23:28 EET 2009

On Mar 26, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:23:44AM -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> This is most likely because of Maildir++ quota. So for example if you
>> tell MDA to deliver mail to /foo/bar, should it use /foo/bar/
>> maildirsize
>> or /foo/maildirsize file? It's especially problematic if the file
>> doesn't already exist.
>
> In your example (sorry I haven't had to use quota), you mean that
> both /foo et
> /foo/bar would have a quota ?

No. Maybe a more understandable example would have been ~/Maildir/ and
~/Maildir/.bar/. If MDA only gets that one path (so it doesn't know
the "maildir root dir"), it uses a simple rule to figure out where to
update maildirsize file: Do I have maildirfolder file? If so, use
parent dir. If not, use current dir.