[Dovecot] dovecot: auth(default): ldap(...): Authenticated user not found

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Sun Mar 29 18:39:53 EEST 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Stas SUSHKOV wrote:

> I'm trying to set up dovecot together with postfix and experience some
> problems.
>
> Here's in details what I have and what I want to get.
> I have a ldap server on localhost, a working setup of dovecot to serve
> sasl, imap using ldap, a working setup of Postfix for (s)smtp (I can
> authenticate which uses dovecot's sasl).
>
> What i wan't to get is a completely working email server for ldap users
> with their email forwardings (so far they have only 1 forwarding).
>
> The porblem I stuck on is the following:
> when sending mail through (s)smtp, after passing authentication, I get
> my email dropped. And I see this in logs:
> http://ciorne.softwareliber.ro/index.php/view/raw/aaf3eb42
>
> ***Authenticated user not found!!!***

In your log, notice the 'user' in a successful IMAP login:

> dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<c00l2sv>, method=PLAIN, rip=193.226.6.226, lip=193.226.5.152, TLS

Later, when you pipe the mail to dovecot for delivery:

> dovecot: auth(default): ldap(c00l2sv at student.utcluj.ro): Authenticated user not found

You need to modify the arguments in your call to deliver in Postfix's
master.cf.  The master socket should be looking for 'c00l2sv' instead of
'c00l2sv at student.utcluj.ro'.  See:
http://www.postfix.org/pipe.8.html (under "argv=command")
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA (under "Parameters")

--