[Dovecot] Dovecot not accepting connections

Jim Jim at themailshack.com
Mon Mar 30 00:25:14 EEST 2009

On Mar 29, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 3/28/2009 10:07 PM, Jim wrote:
>> mail-web-server:~ wright$ telnet localhost 143
>> Trying ::1...
>> telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
>> Trying fe80::1...
>> telnet: connect to address fe80::1: Connection refused
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to localhost.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> * OK Dovecot ready.
>
> Firewall issue? Or maybe one of the 'secure' options like SELinux?

I was thinking that originally, but the mial server doesn't run a
firewall, and the firewall isn't filtering LAN connections only WAN.
But I realize now that I should have also tried telneting to my DNS
name and not just localhost for a better idea on that.  One more thing
to try the next time this happens.