[Dovecot] New messages notification - (IMAP PUSH?)

Proskurin Kirill proskurin-kv at fxclub.org
Wed May 6 11:40:13 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> The only way this might be Dovecot's fault is if STATUS commands don't
> see the new mail. For example:
>
> a STATUS mailboxname (MESSAGES UNSEEN)
>
> If running that command sees updated values, the problem is with
> Thunderbird which probably doesn't even try to send that command then. I
> don't really know if TB normally does that or not, most other clients do
> anyway.
>
> See also http://wiki.dovecot.org/TestInstallation for how to login/etc.

b STATUS Inbox (MESSAGES UNSEEN)
* STATUS "Inbox" (MESSAGES 1267 UNSEEN 15)
b OK Status completed.

I notice what time after time in _some_ mailboxes all seems good.
I use TB 2.0.0.21 and my clients use Outlook 2007 SP1.
Problem appears seems to at one day and client independent.

I running out of ideas.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill